Monday 13 August 2012

Out in The Field



   A paint out to benefit the Blue Hill Library.   I am not a plein air painter,  feeling like I have more control in the studio.  But it was a beautiful morning so I went for it.  Standing in a newly mowed field with just enough breeze to keep the bugs away but not blow the easel over,  it was an enjoyable time.   Finishing touches in the studio,  popped into a frame, 75 artists - a successful fundraiser and they split the selling price with the artist.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! As you know, I'm a big admirer of your talent and art. So glad to hear you're not wild about plein-air painting; I'm not, either. I find I learn a lot from it, but my best work comes when I'm in the studio, where it's quiet and I have time to think about shapes and composition, and where I can try different things out, especially now that I've learned so much from your workshop!

    ReplyDelete

Pages